We want those people who have the special gift of seeing both the beautiful and the truly meaningful in the world around us to have the skills, knowledge and appropriate conditions to more easily realize their creative potential through the means of photography.
Photoworld is a community for anyone with a serious interest in photography and an open mind to meeting new people and ideas.
We believe that good photography is born from people with a rich culture and a broad worldview that allows them to make sense of the world around us in new and unexpected ways.
The focus of our activity is the development and enrichment of what we know and understand about the world of photography in its various directions.
Participating in Photoworld is a dedication to your creative development.
We offer two main directions:
Here you will find a continuous source of inspiration, new ideas and challenges.
We will meet you both with prominent photographers and artists practicing different types of art. We will help you to build an increasingly complete picture of the realization of various creative ideas by meeting you with psychologists, managers, marketing specialists, etc.
– At least 2 meetings per month*, which will include interesting lectures and discussions, portfolio reviews, etc.
In them you will meet various specialists and practitioners and you will have the opportunity to enrich your knowledge and skills.
– Participation in an annual Photoworld exhibition. A large exhibition where we show the work of the most prominent authors from our community
– Participation in a progressive, modern and dynamically developing photography community. With us you will meet people who, like you, are looking for development, new ideas and challenges.
– Presentation and personal profile on the Photoworld platform. Each member of Photoworld has his own personal profile on our site in Bulgarian and English.
– Support in the development of your personal ideas and projects. We strive to support the individual development of each member of the organization, both with creative advice and practice, and with applying for various funding programs, finding the right people and contacts in the realization of various ideas.
*Our active program starts in November 2022. Every year we take a break from the active schedule of events in the period July-September.
Anyone can become a member of Photoworld and get involved in the general direction, and for this purpose 2 things must be done:
- Fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page.
- To pay the participation fee as follows:
- BGN 150 (for 6 months)
- BGN 240 (for 12 months)
It is a community within a community that works on a specific topic. Choose the group that best fits your interests.
Each group has a coordinator, an experienced photographer who guarantees the level and takes care of the activity in the group.
In November 2022, we will launch the first working groups in the following areas:
–All in “General Development”
– Minimum of 2 meetings per month. One for theory and talks and one for practice. (Each group has its own specifics. The details of each are tailored to it and will be provided to participants.)
– Participation in a large annual exhibition with the focus of the group
– An environment of highly motivated people with similar interests to yours
- Complete the application form at the bottom of the page.
Important!!! After completing the Workgroup Application Form, you will receive detailed instructions on how to submit your portfolio of up to 20 shots and/or a cover letter. The group coordinators and the Photoworld team will review the applications and only approved applicants will be allowed to participate in the groups.
- Upon approval, you must pay the following fee:
- BGN 300 for 6 months. (the fee includes “General development” and participation in the group you selected. If you choose more than one group, 150 BGN is paid for participation in each subsequent group)
- BGN 480 for 12 months. (the fee includes “General development” and participation in the group you selected. If you choose more than one group, 240 BGN is paid for participation in each subsequent group)
Can I come to a Photoworld event without being a member?
Many of the events we organize are also open to people outside of Photoworld. This is explicitly stated in each event. You can also attend them without membership by paying the announced fee for participation in the relevant event.
Other meetings cannot be attended without a paid membership. These are marked as “members only” meetings.
If you pay for your membership but decide within the first 3 meetings you attend that it’s not for you, you can cancel and we’ll give you a full refund.
Group events are members-only unless specifically stated otherwise
Where are Photoworld events held?
At this stage, Photoworld events are held only in Sofia.
We use several main locations, and the exact location is always indicated in the event:
- People’s community center “Nikolay Haytov” opposite Pliska street, next to the Billa store on Tsarigradsko Shosse
- Pro 1 Studio, 47 Cherni Vrah Blvd., et. 4, Hladilnika Industrial Zone
- Home of Cinema
When do Photoworld events take place?
Most events take place on a weekday evening, from 7:00 p.m. It is possible, depending on group dynamics, that there may also be weekend events such as:
- Traveling with the Landscape Photography Group
- Photographic practice
- A photographic journey
- Larger lectures, seminars, workshops
All events start from November 2022. In the week of October 17-23 we will announce the program for November.
Can I participate in more than one working group?
Yes. Participation in each subsequent group is respectively:
- BGN 150 for 6 months
- BGN 240 per year
How do I submit my portfolio and cover letter when registering for workgroups?
After completing the application form, we will send you an email to which you must send us a link to your portfolio and/or cover letter.
How can I find out details about each group?
We will post more detailed information here soon.
We invite you on 11.10.2022, from 18:30 at Interpred, Sofia Hall, where you will meet our team and all the coordinators live.